Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Incorporating Memories


This one is going out to my old roomie at Camp Timberlane. We thoroughly enjoyed singing along to "Beaches of Cheyenne" by Garth Brooks, and taking many a naps throughout our busy days in Wisconsin. She's a highly entertaining gal, and thus deserves a bright and lively letter. On the back of the envelope, I have written out some of the beloved song's lyrics, emphasizing verses with my watercolor pencils. I didn't have any water on hand to activate the pencils, SO I licked those areas of the envelope.

I hope she's not afraid of cooties!

BTW, most Dollar Trees sell packages of envelopes. They're kinda flimsy things, and don't work super well if you're attempting your paint all over it or plan on using a water-based material with it, but WASTE NOT, WANT NOT. Get what you can find, and upcycle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment